Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Revell Proto CX Ultra-Micro Heli RTF



I was down at RChobbies the other day and got the opportunity to test fly a few micro helis.

I have always liked the micro class helis as they welcome pilots with no flying experience, and in no time they allow you to hover and work on your flying skills, any room can become a flying field and nothing is more fun than doing a little heli combat in the front room with your son.

One of the helis was the Revell Proto CX Ultra-Micro Heli RTF. The first thing that caught my attention besides the snappy canopy was the aggressive way this thing took air. She can get in the air a lot faster than an E-Flite mCX! She handles well in forward and reverse flight. maybe a little faster than a mCX.

The second thing that I really liked was the Lipo battery connector. Nice and big, did not look like you could break it very easily as you can with others.

The control seemed a little bit awkward to hold, but I think that's more me than the design of the controller. But for $79.99 you get a completely assembled and ready-to-fly Proto CX helicopter, a 2.4GHz radio system, LiPo battery, four “AA” radio batteries, even a spare set of rotor blades and you can start flying it immediately!

I would hurry down to to your local hobby shop and get one as I do not think these babies will be on the shelves long.

Rating :

No comments:

Post a Comment